Monday, June 29, 2009

A Season for Reason not Treason

Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 3:13 PM
Subject: A Season for Reason not Treason


When I was a teacher it was emphasized to me to find out where the student was, & go from there, So, where are you?

When I taught Geometry I told my students it was a system of logic applied to a mathematics course. They had to accept the concepts I put forth or else we could not continue. Drop the Class.

I even wrote a treatise to delineate my ideas & how I would proceed in the class. I have it still, & as time went on it still has merit.

Foundations in Geometry
A. The undefined term
B. The Assumption
C. The Theorem
D. The Converse of the Theorem
E. The Inverse of the Theorem
F. The Formal Proof

Types of Proof
1. Direct Method2.
2. Analytic Proof
3. Indirect Method
4. Proof by Coincidence

Anyway or anyhow in math, philosophy, science, religion, etc one must accept things on faith at times & build up another body of knowledge that does not distort the mind too much.

But, in religion (if to have meaning) one must accept visions, revelations, ideas etc from those living seers or saints not only as personal but also as a revelation of the way things were or to be.

Examples, Virgin Birth, Immaculate Conception, Assumption, Lourdes vision, Fatima Vision etc.

Do you believe that a German woman existed for over 30 yrs with no food just water & the host? Hitler ordered his men to stay away from her with a 5-10 mile radius. Dr Al's sister visited he while she was in bed with the aroma of fresh roses always present. One of many mysteries. (a truth that cannot be understood: definition). Do or can you accept that. ??

DAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment